Hall County firefighters responded this morning to a reported ammonia leak at a business.
Workers from Americold at 1680 Candler Highway called to report the leak about 11:30 a.m., Fire Chief David Kimbrell said.
Upon arrival, firefighters found that the business had been evacuated and workers saying they thought the leak had stopped, the chief said.
Hazardous material responders sampled the air for dangerous levels.
"The workers had stopped the leak, and readings were slightly elevated for ammonia," Kimbell said.
Fire crews later deemed the area safe and turned the building back to the plant manager.
There were no injuries or danger to the area, Kimbrell said.