By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
No one hurt when fire damages Gainesville home
Placeholder Image

Hall County Fire Services responded to a Gainesville house fire Wednesday night in the 4000 block of Petes Drive off Price Road.

Fire Chief David Kimbrell said the homeowner reported the fire, and when responders arrived at the 1,500-square-foot home the fire had spread to about 25 percent of the attic.

Kimbrell said the fire began in the chimney and extended to the attic due to a malfunction.

“It just appears to be something that they should have had checked to prevent,” he said.

Fire crews were able to quickly put out the fire and there were no injuries, Kimbrell said.

Regional events