A man suffered “moderate burn injuries” and was flown to Grady Burn Center in Atlanta after a house fire Thursday in East Hall County, a fire official said.
The man was conscious and alert when transported, said Scott Cagle, Hall County Fire Services spokesman.
Firefighters arrived about 5:21 p.m. to find a 1,200-square-foot home in the 2800 block of Six Gun Trail with smoke showing, Cagle said. Firefighters were quickly able to enter the home and knock down the fire.
The fire appeared to be accidental, starting in the kitchen from unattended cooking, he said. The man was burned in the early stages of the fire while trying to remove the food or extinguish the fire.
Damage to the $75,000 home was estimated to be about $25,000.