By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
Blaze that destroys home started in fireplace
Northeast Hall family of eight displaced
Placeholder Image

A fire Wednesday afternoon in Northeast Hall County started in a small fireplace, and then ignited the area around it, Hall County Fire Chief David Kimbrell said this morning.

The 1,000-square-foot home in the 7300 block of Echols Road burned to the ground, displacing a family of eight, who is being assisted by the Red Cross, Kimbrell said. He estimated the loss at $100,000.

No one was injured, Kimbrell said.

The call came in about 3 p.m. and the home was 50 percent involved when firefighters arrived. Banks and Habersham authorities also were called to assist with tankers.


Regional events