Wine Highway Weekend
When: 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Saturday, 12:30 p.m.-6 p.m. Sunday
Where: Various wineries and affiliates throughout North Georgia
How much: $20 for commemorative glass at first stop on self-guided tour; no charge for drivers
Raise a glass to locally grown wine this weekend
Wine enthusiasts — and the rest of the masses — can get a taste of some of the best wines North Georgia has to offer this weekend during the fourth annual Wine Highway Weekend.
The event opens vineyards, inns, unique shops and other venues around North Georgia for special events, themed menus and wine tastings. Many local vineyards have won national and international awards, all featuring wine that has been grown here in Georgia.
There is a $20 fee for each wine-drinking participant, collected at the first winery visited, which includes a collector’s glass. This glass gets participants admission into all other venues along the tour at no additional charge. Normal tasting fees will not be charged to anyone participating in the Wine Highway Weekend.
Wineries and affiliate members of the Winegrowers Association of Georgia will each provide their own unique open house, with many pairing unique local foods with wine, live music and other special events. Hours vary depending on the location, so check out www.georgiawine.com for more information.
And with all wine-related events, please remember to drink responsibly and to designate a driver for the wine highway.
Participating wineries and affiliates:
- Montaluce Winery and Estates, Dahlonega
- Tiger Mountain Vineyards, Tiger
- Beechwood Inn, Clayton
- Lake Rabun Hotel, Lakemont
- Persimmon Creek Vineyards, Clayton
- Naturally Georgia, Dahlonega
- Calaboose Cellars, Andrews, N.C.
- The Corkscrew Cafe, Dahlonega
- Blackstock Winery, Dahlonega
- Habersham Winery, Helen
- Splendor Mountain resort, Clayton
- Sautee Nacoochee Center for the Arts, Sautee
- Glen-Ella Springs, Clarkesville
- Brasstown Valley Resort, Young Harris
- Lily Creek Lodge, Dahlonega
- Dahlonega Tasting Room, Dahlonega
- Long Mountain Lodge, Dahlonega