Times staff reports
American dance and choreographer Martha Graham said, “Dance is the hidden language of the soul.”
But during spring break for area elementary and high school students, the language of dance will be Spanish.
The Northeast Georgia School of Music and Dance will teach a wide range of dance classes in Spanish and for free April 4-6. Islandy Alonzo will be the instructor at 123 Green St. in downtown Gainesville.
Classes during the three-day period are:
* Modern Jazz from 7-8 p.m. Monday, April 4 for ages 10 and older
* Ballet from 6-7 p.m. Monday, April 4 for ages 7 to 14
* Salsa from 6-7 p.m. Tuesday, April 5, for ages 15 and older
* Tropical Rhythms from 7-8 p.m. Tuesday, April 5, for ages 15 and older
* Contemporary workshop from 6-8 p.m. Wednesday, April 6, for ages 13 and older.
Space is limited. To register, call 770-561-2119.