By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
Propane tank fire hospitalizes man
Placeholder Image

Jeff Tupper of 6430 Ivey Springs Drive was taken to Northeast Georgia Medical Center and treated for minor burns he received when a propane tank malfunctioned on his back deck.

Tupper was changing the propane tank for a grill when the tank malfunctioned and burned him at about 2 p.m. Sunday.

Hall County Fire Capt. Scott Cagle said the propane tank malfunction started a small fire on the back deck and caused about $10,000 worth of damage to the approximately $180,000 home.

Cagle said firefighters quickly extinguished the fire. Officials determined the fire an accident.

Regional events