Unattended cooking caused some $30,000 in smoke damage to an East Hall County home Sunday.
Hall firefighters responded to reports of a kitchen fire at a house in the 3200 block of Thousands Oaks Drive off Harmony Church Road, Deputy Fire Chief Chad Black said.
“Initial units arrived ... to find light smoke showing and heavy fire involvement in the kitchen,” he said. “Crews were able to contain the fire to the kitchen, but the structure suffered heavy smoke damage.”
The house has an estimated $85,000 value, Black said.
No one was injured, but the American Red Cross was called to help the residents, he said.