Chestatee Middle School students competed at the Middle Level State Leadership Conference last month in Maco.
- Tiffany Culver, first place, Web Site Development
- Taylor Jarrard, second place, Employability Presentation
- Thomas Peppers, fifth place, Career Exploration
- Andrew Barnett, first place, Spreadsheet; third place, Community Service Project; and eighth place, Public Speaking
- Katelyn White, sixth place, Computer Slideshow Team
- Emily Kemp, sixth place, Computer Slideshow Team and ninth place, Desktop Publishing
Jennifer Westbrooks’ first-grade students at Enota Multiple Intelligences Academy published "The Power of our Smarts," a book sharing their personal strengths related to the eight smarts studied at the school. The book describes and illustrates how students use their intelligences in daily life and the stages of planning, drafting, editing, conferencing, revising and finally publishing.
Tiara Banks has been named to the dean's list for the fall semester at Kennesaw State University in Kennesaw.
Banks is a graduate of Gainesville High School and is the daughter of Howard and Cynetia Banks of Gainesville.
The following Gainesville Middle School students recently took home awards in the Athens Regional Science and Engineering Fair.
- Sara Hayes, third place, physics
- Kelsey Kirkpatrick, third place, medicine and health
- James Mattick, third place, chemistry
- Josue Toledo, third place, microbiology
- Nicholas Loomis, U.S. Air Force Engineering award and third place, engineering
- John Li, American Chemical Society Award