The 51st anniversary of the Mountain Laurel Festival will be Saturday, May 18, in Clarkesville.
The festival, now a Top 20 event for the third consecutive year, has grown well beyond a regional event to attracting multi-state attention.
Plans for the event include:
* Finale fireworks show
* Fine art and craft vendors in and around the square
* Outdoor food court
* Children’s activities
* Clarkesville Lions Club parade
* Traditional Appalachian lifestyle demonstrations, including music, wood-turning, spinning and other needle arts, on the grounds of the Historic Mauldin House
* Tours of Millinery Shop and Big Holly Cabin
* Artist John Kollock will sketch children in the garden
* Duck Race in Soque River (sponsored by Volunteers for Literacy)
* Entertainment acts throughout the day