Monsters of Mock
When: 2-11 p.m. Saturday, July 25
Where: LanierWorld, 7000 Lanier Islands Parkway, Buford
Cost: $15 for concert alone; plus $10 resort gate admission for passenger cars or dock fee for boaters
More info: 770-945-8787 or www.lanierislands.com
Fans of 1970s, ’80s and ’90s rock bands will want to tease their hair and mark their calendars for Saturday, July 25, as the Monsters of Mock land in LanierWorld.
Several cover bands that run the gamut from 1970s hair bands and ’80s metal to ’90s glam rock will rock the beach, boardwalk and waterpark entertainment district at the lakeside resort all day long. Plus, a little beach music will be thrown in for good measure at the resort at 7000 Lanier Islands Parkway in Buford.
The lineup includes:
- 2:30-3:30 p.m.: Kristin Tinsley with her extensive set including a mix of Lynyrd Skynyrd, Allman Brothers, Tom Petty and Sheryl Crow
- 4-5 p.m.: Krotona, the alternative rock cover project focusing on bands such as the Black Keys, Foo Fighters and Kings of Leon
- 5:30-7 p.m.: Pandora’s Box, an Aerosmith tribute band
- 7:30-8 p.m.: White Winged Dove, a Stevie Nicks/Fleetwood Mac tribute band
- 8:30-11 p.m.: A1A, the official Jimmy Buffett tribute show
Admission is just $15 for concertgoers who wish to gain entry to LanierWorld for the music and dining venues alone. The price does not include a $10 resort gate admission for passenger cars or dock fees for boaters.
Admission to the music festival is free for seasonpass holders or with general admission to LanierWorld. Daily admission is $41.99 for adults and children taller than 42 inches.
For more information, visit www.lanierislands.com or call 770-945-8787.