Are you indie singer songwriter, pop singer, country crooner or hard-rockin’ band? Area bands and musicians are invited to enter the North Georgia Battle of the Bands presented by The Times and Lanier Islands.
Here’s how it works:
• Go to www.celebrategeorgiamusic.com to submit bio, photo and digital sample of your music — MP4 or YouTube video link — for your personal online Voting Page. Deadline to enter is May 6.
• The public will vote in online contest beginning May 11 to determine the Final Four bands that will battle it out on stage.
• The top four vote-getting bands will compete on stage from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. June 11 at Sunset Cove at Lanier Islands before professional judges.
• The North Georgia Battle of the Bands winner will be chosen that day.
• A People’s Choice Award trophy will also be presented (based on dollar per-vote donations to Habitat for Humanity of Hall County)
Winners will receive an array of prizes that include:
• $1,000 Cash Prize
• A paying gig at Lanier Islands Sunset Cove for 2017 season (worth $1,500 paycheck)
• Season passes to Lanier Islands
• Video produced by The Times video host Savannah King
• A photo shoot and signature photo by professional photographer
• Feature on your band in Get Out
• Full follow-up media promotion of winning band
“The goal is to promote emerging musicians and give them exposure and the chance to play before large audiences and to celebrate the outstanding musical talent in our midst,” said Times Publisher Charlotte Atkins. “This is a new event for North Georgia and we are thrilled to be partnering with Lanier Islands on this inaugural event. We hope to grow it into a annual event that celebrates Georgia music year after year.”
Go to www.celebrategeorgiamusic.com to sign up your band and help spread the word on Facebook and other social media. Deadline is Monday.