1. (1) Neel Jani, Jens, CH; Nicolas Prost, Fechy, CH; Andrea Belicchi, Medolia, IT; Lola B12/60 Toyota (1, P1), 394.
2. (11) Scott Tucker, Leawood, KS; Christophe Bouchut, France; Luis Diaz, Mexico; HPD ARX-03b Honda (2, P2), 391.
3. (6) David Heinemeier Hansson, Chicago, IL; Martin Plowman, Indianapolis, IN; Eric Lux, Jacksonville, FL; Morgan/Nissan (3, P2), 391.
4. (7) Marino Franchitti, Scotland; Dario Franchitti, Scotland; Scott Tucker, Leawood, KS; HPD ARX-03b (4, P2), 390.
5. (12) Christophe Tinseau; Mathias Beche, CH; Pierre Thiriet, FR; Oreca Nissan (5, P2), 390.
6. (10) Gunnar Jeannette, Palm Beach Gardens, FL; Lucas Ordonez, , ; Delta Wing Proj 56 Nissan (6, UNC), 388.
7. (17) Alex Popow, Lecheria, VE; Ryan Dalziel, Scotland; Mark Wilkins, Canada; Oreca FLM09 Chevrolet (7, PC), 385.
8. (5) Jacques Nicolet, Paris, FR; Bertrand Baguette, BEL; Olivier Pla, France; Morgan Nissan (8, P2), 383.
9. (18) Bruno Junqueira; Tomy Drissi, Hollywood, CA; Ricardo Vera, Ponce, PR; Oreca FLM09 Chevrolet (9, PC), 383.
10. (19) Rudy Junco, Monterrey, Mex; Ken Dobson, Carmel Valley, CA; Elton Julian, Los Angeles, CA; Oreca FLM09 Chevrolet (10, PC), 382.
11. (15) Colin Braun, Ovalo, TX; Ricardo Gonzalez, Mexico; Jonathan Bennett, Fort Mill, SC; Oreca FLM09 Chevrolet (11, PC), 381.
12. (14) Matt Downs, North Mankato, MN; Chapman Ducote, Miami, FL; Kyle Marcelli, Barrie, ON; Oreca FLM09 Chevrolet (12, PC), 376.
13. (20) Scott Sharp, Jupiter, FL; Toni Vilander, FInland; Johannes van Overbeek, San Francisco, CA; Ferrari F458 Italia (1, GT), 375.
14. (23) Antonio Garcia, Barcelona, ES; Jordan Taylor, Apopka, FL; Jan Magnussen, Roskilde, DK; Corvette C6-ZR1 (2, GT), 375.
15. (21) Jorg Muller, Germany; Jonathan Summerton, Kissimmee, FL; Bill Auberlen, Hermosa Beach, CA; BMW E92 M3 (3, GT), 374.
16. (26) Dirk Mueller, Tagerwilen, CH; Jonathan Summerton, Kissimmee, FL; Uwe Alzen, Betzdorf, DE; BMW E92 M3 (4, GT), 373.
17. (25) Jorg Bergmeister; Patrick Long, Oak Park, CA; Patrick Pilet, France; Porsche 911 GT3 RSR (5, GT), 373.
18. (31) Bryan Sellers, Centerville, OH; Wolf Henzler; Martin Ragginger, Austria; Porsche 911 GT3 RSR (6, GT), 372.
19. (16) Ryan Lewis, UK; Henri Richard, Los Altos Hills, CA; Duncan Ende, Los Angeles; Oreca FLM09 Chevrolet (7, PC), 372.
20. (27) Marco Holzer, Austria; Seth Neiman, Burlingame, CA; Nick Tandy, Bedford, UK; Porsche 911 GT3 RSR (8, GT), 369.
21. (28) Dominik Farnbacher, Ansbach, DE; Ryan Hunter-Reay, Boca Raton, FL; Kuno Wittmer, Montreal, ON; SRT Viper GTSR (9, GT), 369.
22. (42) Guy Cosmo, Long Island, NY; Ed Brown, Las Vegas, NV; Anthony Lazzaro, Acworth, GA; Ferrari F458 Italia (10, GT), 368.
23. (29) Bryce Miller, Hoboken, NJ; Sascha Maassen, Aachen, DE; Richard Lietz, Ybbsitz, AT; Porsche 911 GT3 RSR (11, GT), 367.
24. (30) Raymond Narac, Rouen, FR; Nicolas Armindo, Colmar, FR; Anthony Pons, Beauvais, FR; Porsche 911 GT3 RSR (12, GTE-AM), 363.
25. (32) Townsend Bell, Santa Monica, CA; Bill Sweedler, Westport, CT; Johnny Mowlem, England; Lotus Evora/Cosworth (13, GT), 360.
26. (37) Henrique Cisneros, Miami, FL; Mario Farnbacher, Ansbach, DE; Jakub Giermaziak, Gostyn, PL; Porsche 911 GT3 Cup (1, GTC), 356.
27. (36) Spencer Pumpelly, Atlanta, GA; Nelson Canache, Atlanta, GA; Emilio Di Guida, Venezuela; Porsche 911 GT3 Cup (2, GTC), 351.
28. (41) Mike Hedlund, Woodside, CA; Emmanuel Collard, France; Manuel Gutierrez Jr., Tampico, MX; Porsche 911 GT3 Cup (3, GTC), 351.
29. (38) Chris Cumming, Vancouver, BC; Michael Valiante, Vancouver, BC; Sean Johnston, Mt. Shasta, GA; Porsche 911 GT3 Cup (4, GTC), 351.
30. (34) Leh Keen, Dublin, GA; Dion von Moltke, Coral Gables, FL; Cooper MacNeil, Hinsdale, IL; Porsche 911 GT3 Cup (5, GTC), 349.
31. (22) Oliver Gavin; Tommy Milner, Leesburg, VA; Richard Westbrook, London, UK; Corvette C6-ZR1 (14, GT), 348.
32. (3) Chris Dyson, Pleasant Valley, NY; Guy Smith, Beverley, UK; Steven Kane, Newtownards, IE; Lola B12/60 Mazda (15, P1), 338.
33. (9) Tom Kimber-Smith, England; Alex Brundle, UK; Alex Buncombe, UK; Zytek Z11SN Nissan (16, P2), 338.
34. (2) Lucas Luhr, Germany; Romain Dumas, France; Klaus Graf, Germany; HPD ARX-03a Honda (17, P1), 334.
35. (8) Jody Firth, Wakefield, UK; Brendon Hartley, Palmserston North, NL; Warren Hughes, England; Oreca Nissan (18, P2), 330.
36. (4) Tony Burgess, Canada; Chris McMurry, Phoenix, AZ; Mark Patterson, Bronxville, NY; Lola B11/66 Mazda (19, P1), 322.
37. (39) Angel Andres Benitez Jr., Valencia, VE; Mark Bullitt, Miami, FL; Jeff Segal, Miami, FL; Porsche 911 GT3 Cup (6, GTC), 318.
38. (40) Andrew Davis, Lilburn, GA; David Calvert-Jones, Melbourne, AU; Michael Avenatti, Lagunna Beach, CA; Porsche 911 GT3 Cup (7, GTC), 267.
39. (33) Piergiuseppe Perazzini, Verona, IT; Marco Cioci, Roma, IT; Matt Griffin, Piacenaz, IT; Ferrari F458 Italia (8, GTE-AM), 232.
40. (24) Marc Goossens, Geel, BE; Tommy Kendall, New Smyrna Beach, FL; Jonathan Bomarito, Monterey, CA; SRT Viper GTSR (20, GT), 224.
41. (13) Dane Cameron, Sonoma, CA; Joe Foster, Lawrenceville, GA; Patrick Dempsey, Malibu, CA; Lola B12/87 Judd (21, P2), 220.
42. (35) Peter LeSaffre, Rye, NH; Damien Faulkner, Mouille, IE; Brian Wong, Newport Beach, CA; Porsche 911 GT3 Cup (9, GTC), 40.
BRASELTON — The No. 12 Lola-Toyota went ahead early and didn’t budge, cruising to a three-lap overall win and Prototype 1 win in the 1,000-mile Petit Le Mans on Saturday at Road Atlanta for their first victory.
The car was driven by Neel Jani, Andrea Belicchi and Nicolas Prost.
“The team has really pulled all of their weight, the moral has been immense,” said team manager Bart Hayden. “I’m sad for the Muscle Milk guys, they got bit in a bit of traffic, it took them out of the close race we were having, but wow, what a great win. Our drivers did so well today.”
Muscle Milk Pickett Racing, Level 5 Motorsports and Rebellion Racing were the big winners Saturday at Road Atlanta.
Level 5 Motorsports grabbed the Prototype 2 win with the ARX-03b Honda of Scott Tucker, Christophe Bouchut and Luis Diaz finishing second overall and holding off the Morgan/Nissan car of David Heinemeier Hansson, Martin Plowman and Eric Lux, which finished third overall.
“We’ve been through this before with our first PC championship that it came down to the last race,” Tucker said. “We knew it would be tight, Conquest are great competitors. We knew 70 percent would be no easy task.”
The No. 55 driven by Tucker, three-time Indianapolis 500 winner Dario Franchitti and Marino Franchitti finished fourth overall.
Muscle Milk Pickett Racing won the P1 series behind the racing of Lucas Luhr, Klaus Graf and Romain Dumas, who secured the win after finishing 70 percent of the race.
“It was nice, we won a lot of races this year, we definitely deserved this championship, Graf said. “I came in second twice in the last two years. I think it has sunk in yet. It might take some time.”
The Nissan DeltaWing car was also a big success in its North America debut, finishing sixth overall behind the racing of Gunnar Jeannette and Lucas Ordonez.
The Corvette team had already locked up the GT series title prior to the season’s final race, but the battle for second came down to the wire, with the Ferrari driven by Scott Sharp, Toni Vilander and Johannes van Overbeek finishing just a minute ahead of the Corvette driven by Antonio Garcia, Jordan Taylor and Jan Magnussen.
It wasn’t just ALMS titles on the line Saturday. Team Thiriet finished fifth overall and clinched the European Le Mans Series, which was halted two races early.
The racers said they enjoyed the ambience of the race, even if it was a difficult track.
“The difficulty is you don’t really see the sides, you have to know the track,” said driver Mathias Beche. “But with this race we won the ELMS championship, so it was great.”