An East Hall couple was killed by “carbon monoxide poisoning with drug(s) involved,” according to a Hall County deputy coroner.
The bodies of the couple, Norman Reece, 43, and Audrey Dahl, 35, were found Nov. 10 in their mobile home by Reece’s 18-year-old son, who also lives in the home on the 3500 block of Gaines Mill Road.
Deputy coroner James Bell previously told The Times methamphetamine and fentanyl were found in the toxicology reports for the couple.
“He had a high count of methamphetamines, but he also had a very high count of fentanyl. … She had counts of fentanyl in hers, but nowhere near as high as what (Reece) had,” Bell previously told The Times.
Fentanyl is an opioid drug considered roughly 100 times stronger than morphine.
The Hall County Sheriff’s Office earlier reported there were space heaters in the home, which was without electricity, so Hall County Fire Services tested the air quality but did not find toxic carbon monoxide levels.
The Sheriff’s Office did not respond to an inquiry Tuesday, Dec. 11, regarding the cause of death finding and the potential source of carbon monoxide.
When authorities were called to the house, Dahl and Reece had “no obvious signs of trauma or foul play,” said Sgt. Stephen Wilbanks of the Hall County Sheriff’s Office in a release.
Reece’s 18-year-old son found them both in a bedroom around 6 a.m. “after last having contact with them the previous evening,” Wilbanks said.
“He discovered the deceased when he woke up … after noticing that the house had become very cold,” Wilbanks said in an email.