Story: Christmas on Green Street; motorcyclists boost Secret Santa
- Christkindlmarket, Helen. Market of Christmas gifts, Santa Claus, food, music and entertainment. 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Saturday and 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday; Santa will be at the market noon to 4 p.m. both days. Downtown Helen. Free. 706-878-1619.
- Mingle with Kringle, Gainesville. Saturday and Dec. 20, Main Street Market, downtown Gainesville square. Main Street Gainesville, 770-297-1141 or www.downtowngainesville.com.
- Christmas at the College, Blairsville. Hall of Trees decorated by local businesses, train ride for children, photos with Santa, live choir music and other children’s activities. 3 to 7 p.m. Thursday, North Georgia Technical College, 434 Meeks Ave., Blairsville. 706-439-6300.
- Live nativity drama, Baldwin. 7 p.m. Friday and Saturday and 6 p.m. Sunday, Mountain View Baptist Church, 269 Mountain View Road, Baldwin. Free. 706-776-9530.
- Christmas parade, Clermont. 1 p.m. Saturday, downtown Clermont. 770-983-7568.
- Elachee’s Winter in the Woods Holiday Celebration, Gainesville. 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday, Elachee Nature Science Center, 2125 Elachee Drive, Gainesville. $5 adults, $3 children ages 2-12, free for age 1 and younger and members. 770-535-1976 or www.elachee.org.
- Christmas tree lighting, Blairsville. Tree lighting, caroling, hayrides, Santa Claus and bonfire. 4:45 p.m. Saturday, Vogel State Park, 7485 Vogel State Park Road, Blairsville. Bring an unwrapped gift for the Give a Gift Toy Drive for kids age 12 and younger; no toy guns or knives. 706-745-2628.
- Holiday Family Float-in Movie, Clarkesville. Watch "Elf" from a heated pool. 1:30 p.m. Saturday, Ruby Fulbright Aquatic Center, 120 Paul Franklin Road, Clarkesville. $3, $2 seniors. firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Family Sunday: Christmas Then and Now, Gainesville. Make ornaments and gifts, listen to Christmas stories and take photos with Santa and Mrs. Claus. 1 to 4 p.m. Sunday, Northeast Georgia History Center, 322 Academy St., Gainesville. Free for members, $5 per family for nonmembers. 770-297-5900.
- Peppermint Stick Dip, Dahlonega. Children age 10 and younger can dip a peppermint stick in chocolate. 1 to 3 p.m. Sunday, Paul Thomas Chocolates, just off the downtown Dahlonega square. 706-864-3711.
- Parents’ Night Out, Gainesville. Kids can play games, make crafts and eat pizza while you shop. Register by Dec. 17. 6 to 9 p.m. Dec. 19, Hall County Parks and Leisure Services, 1086 Rainey St., Gainesville. $8 per child. 770-535-8280
- Winter wonderland workshop, Gainesville. Make a snow globe. Dec. 29-Jan. 4, Interactive Neighborhood for Kids, 999 Chestnut St., Gainesville. $8 per person for admission and $1 for materials. 770-536-1900 or www.inkfun.org.
- Photos with Santa, Buford. Through Dec. 24, Mall of Georgia, 3333 Buford Drive, Buford. Various costs. 678-482-8788.
- Christmas activities, Gainesville. Christmas crafts such as making a snowflake or hand painting a Christmas card. Through Dec. 24, Interactive Neighborhood for Kids, 999 Chestnut St., Gainesville. $8 admission, fee for some items. 770-536-1900 or www.inkfun.org.
- Magical Nights of Lights, Buford. Animated light display, Christmas gift and decoration market and bonfire with marshmallows. 5 to 10 p.m. through Dec. 30, Lake Lanier Islands, 7000 Holiday Road, Buford. $30 per car Monday-Thursday and $40 per car Friday-Sunday and holidays. 770-945-8787 or www.lakelanierislands.com.