One person escaped injury as a South Hall County home was seriously damaged in a fire Tuesday morning, according to Hall County Fire Services.
Firefighters responded to the home on Deer Ridge Court off Hog Mountain Road, where the garage was fully involved.
Fire Services spokesman Scott Cagle said the fire appears to be accidental and to have started from the garage’s back wall. One person was home at the time of the fire but not injured.
“The garage sustained heavy fire damage with smoke damage throughout the rest of the structure,” Cagle said.
Damage is estimated to be between $65,000 and $175,000.