Some local school systems say they will be closed Monday due to snow and ice.
Those systems include:
- Habersham County schools are closed.
- North Georgia College & State University's offices will OPEN at 10 a.m.
- North Georgia Technical College (all campuses) are closed.
- Lumpkin County schools are closed.
- Towns County schools are closed.
- Union County schools are closed.
- White County schools are closed.
“There are some hazardous conditions on the roads,” said Cami Downey, senior shift supervisor at the White County 911 center.
She added that residents should stay off the roads, which are getting coated with ice and snow.
A winter weather system has moved through North Georgia today, creating some treacherous conditions for higher elevations.
Flurries have fallen in Hall County today, but other areas, particularly in the mountains, could get as much as an inch of snow today, according to the National Weather Service.
Icy temperatures are expected to grip the area the next few days, with highs teetering at the freezing mark and lows in the teens.
This story will be updated as necessary.