By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
One person suffers burns in South Hall house fire
12182017 HOUSE FIRE
A man was airlifted Sunday to Atlanta with burns from this South Hall house fire. - photo by Hall County Fire Services

Updated story: Man dies following Sunday morning fire

A man found in a house fire Sunday morning in South Hall was airlifted to Grady Hospital in Atlanta in critical condition.

Hall County Fire Services crews removed the man, who is in his late 20s, from the home in the 3900 block of Flat Creek Road when neighbors told them someone was still inside, according to Hall County Fire Services.

He was the only person in the house at the time.

“The individual is reported to have sustained burns,” spokesman Capt. Casey Ramsey said in an email.

Preliminary investigation from Hall County Fire Marshal’s Office “points to the improper use and storage of a flammable liquid near an open flame,” Ramsey said.

“This is still an ongoing investigation and further information will be released as it becomes available.”

Firefighters first arrived at the scene at 10:28 a.m.

Regional events