By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
Man dies following Sunday morning fire
12192017 Fire 1.jpg
A man died from injuries sustained in a Sunday, Dec. 17, 2017, fire at 3933 Flat Creek Road in Oakwood. - photo by Scott Rogers

A 29-year-old man died Monday morning after he was airlifted following a Sunday morning house fire.

Firefighters pulled Jordan Wilson from the home he shared with his grandmother at 3933 Flat Creek Road in Oakwood.

He was flown to Grady Hospital in critical condition. His grandmother was not home at the time.

Firefighters arrived at the scene just before 10:30 a.m. Sunday.

Hall County Fire Services reported Monday morning that the fire started at the back of the home when an open flame ignited fumes from a container of gasoline stored there. Wilson was near the container when it ignited.

The Hall County Fire Marshal’s Office is investigating.


Regional events