By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
Home in northeast Hall burns Wednesday
09142017 House fire
Firefighters work the scene of a house fire in north Hall County Wednesday, Sept. 13, 2017. - photo by For The Times

Five people were displaced Wednesday evening when a home burned off Cagle Road in northeastern Hall County.

Firefighters responding to the call in the 3800 block of Clubhouse Drive about 7:30 p.m. found heavy fire in the basement of a 1,500-square-foot home, according to Capt. Zachary Brackett of Hall County Fire Services.

Firefighters went into defensive mode to protect two nearby homes, Brackett said in a press release. 

Two adults and three teenage children were on the property but not inside, and no one was injured.

The fire was determined to be accidental and caused by using candles for alternative lighting.

Regional events