By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
Fire started by candles damages Gainesville home
09192019 fire
Gainesville firefighters work Sept. 18, 2019, at a house fire on Desota Street. - photo by Photo courtesy Gainesville Fire Department

Items close to candles caught fire in the living room of a Desota Street home Wednesday morning, according to the Gainesville Fire Department.

The Sept. 18 fire did about $8,000 in damage, the fire department reported.

No one was injured, and the Red Cross is helping the residents.

Compiled from a Gainesville Fire Department news release.

Regional events