By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
Grease on stovetop leads to apartment fire
0729LENOX 0003
The front sign for the Lenox Park Apartments in Gainesville on Friday. An Atlanta firm recently purchased the complex and plans to focus on upgrades. - photo by David Barnes

A pan of grease on a stovetop was determined to be the culprit for a fire report at Lenox Park Apartments Friday, March 29.

Gainesville Fire spokesman Keith Smith said the department took the report around noon at the apartment complex off of Athens Highway.

The fire activated the sprinkler systems.

“There was minor damage to the stovetop and water damage to the fire apartment and the apartment below. Maintenance personnel were in the process of removing the water from both apartments,” Smith wrote in a news release.

No injuries were reported.