By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
Fire does $5,000 damage to Mountain View Road home
Placeholder Image

An early morning fire Monday did an estimated $5,000 in damage to a Mountain View Road home, and a resident escaped without injury, authorities said.

Firefighters were called at 5:22 a.m. to a house in the 4200 block of Mountain View Road, said Hall County Fire Marshal Capt. Scott Cagle. They found smoke showing from a 1,500-square-foot house.

They knocked the fire down in about 20 minutes, he said.

A male resident was at home at the time of the fire and said he was awakened by popping sounds. He was uninjured and will be staying with relatives, Cagle said.

Damage to the house was estimated at $5,000.

The fire appeared to have started in the area of a floor furnace and appeared to be accidental, Cagle said.

Regional events