By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
Fire displaces 10 people from Chicopee Villlage home
No injuries reported in 2 overnight blazes in Hall County
Placeholder Image

Ten people living in one home were displaced by an early morning fire in Chicopee Village, Hall County Fire officials said. No one was hurt.

Fire Chief David Kimbrell said a man called 911 about 4:35 a.m. Saturday to report a fire in the kitchen and attic at 5 G Ave.

When firefighters arrived, the 1,200-square-foot home had flames and smoke coming from the roof.

Firefighters were able to extinguish the blaze quickly.

A fire investigator determined that the fire started in the wiring in the kitchen ceiling. The fire was ruled accidental.

The 10 people living in the home were staying with neighbors overnight and the American Red Cross was assisting, Kimbrell said.

Damage to the $125,000 home was estimated at $60,000.

Earlier, firefighters responded to a carport fire in Oakwood.

The fire in the 5100 block of Arthur Court was called in at 9:50 p.m. Friday. The fire was extinguished quickly. Investigators determined the fire started in a 5-gallon bucket the homeowners used for cigarette butts.

Damage, estimated at $10,000 to the $180,000 home, was limited to the exterior carport and the residents were able to return to their home.

Regional events