By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
Fire destroys shop
Placeholder Image

A fire Friday night at a personal shop in the 5600 block of Raintree Trace caused $70,000 of damage to the structure and contents, authorities said.

A cord sparked when it was pulled out of the wall, catching trash on fire, Hall County Fire Marshal Scott Cagle said.

There were no injuries, and the shop was insured, he said.

Although the fire was contained to the shop, the shop was a total loss, Cagle said.