By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
Fire damages Lula home
Placeholder Image

Three people tried to extinguish a fire at a Lula home early this morning before calling 911 for help, according to Hall County Fire Services.

The blaze damaged the kitchen and living area; no one was injured.

Firefighters were called at 5:48 a.m. to the 1,200-square-foot structure in the 6500 block of Grove Street, and they quickly knocked down the fire, though hot spots above the sheetrock in the ceiling did take some time, according to spokesman Scott Cagle.

The residents, who worked on the fire for about 30 minutes themselves, reported they’d been having trouble with the stove turning on and off by itself.

The fire appears to have started accidentally in the area around the stove and extending up the wall into the attic, Cagle said.

Power was disconnected for safety reasons.