Fire caused an estimated $150,000 in damage on Thursday to a home in the 6800 block of Grand Marina Circle in Gainesville, Hall County Fire Services said.
Residents reported the fire, believed to have started from a lightning strike that ran through the electrical system in the garage, at 5:53 p.m., Hall County Fire Marshal Scott Cagle said. Firefighters found heavy smoke when they arrived at the approximately 4,000-square-foot home.
Crews worked to extinguish the fire and salvage property inside by covering personal items with tarps, he said.
The occupants were not injured, Cagle said, and the fire is considered accidental.