By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
Electrical fire causes $50K in damage
Oven blamed for Sardis Road fire
Placeholder Image

A fire coming from the oven damaged a Sardis Road home Thursday afternoon, according to authorities.

Hall County Fire Services responded after 4 p.m. Thursday to the 4000 block of Sardis Road, where they noticed “smoke coming from the basement and small amount of fire,” according to Deputy Fire Chief Chad Black.

No one was harmed.

“The fire was quickly extinguished and cause found to be in the area of the oven due to faulty electrical issue,” Black wrote in an email.

Fire, smoke and water caused a total of $50,000 in damage to the $145,000 home.

Regional events