By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
Duplex fire temporarily displaces 8 residents
Placeholder Image

A small kitchen fire Friday forced eight people out of their home to stay with relatives until repairs are made.

Hall County Fire Services responded to Carolyn Street to a structure fire around 1:34 p.m. The fire at the 2,000-square-foot duplex resulted in an estimated $20,000 in damages.

The kitchen is believed to be the source of the fire, where one of the residents recalled a loud pop and smoke above the stove.

One person suffered a minor burn on the arm but was not hospitalized.

Two adults and six children resided at the residence, according to Interim Deputy Fire Chief Chad Black.

The fire is still under investigation.

Regional events