By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
Discarded ashes caused Monday's house fire in South Hall
Placeholder Image

Monday’s house fire that destroyed a home in Flowery Branch has been deemed accidental, Hall County Fire Services reported Friday.

The fire at the 2,500-square-foot home in the 5000 block of Loving Road off Old Orr Road was caused by discarded ashes from the owners’ fireplace, Hall Fire Marshal Capt. Scott Cagle said in a news release.

The owner cleaned out the fireplace that morning and set the discarded in front of the porch, Cagle said. Monday’s winds were blowing 20 mph with gust higher.

No one was hurt in the blaze, and the residents’ two cats were rescued from the basement.