Hall County Fire Services responded Monday morning to Americold, a business at 1680 Candler Road in Gainesville south of I-985, after an ammonia leak was reported.
Units arriving at about 7:20 a.m. reported a large commercial structure with a strong odor of
ammonia around the building, according to spokesman Capt. Zachary Brackett.
Staff members at the business advised firefighters that a valve was leaking ammonia and that they had isolated the product, Brackett said in an email.
Crews returned to
service without further action, according to Brackett. No one was injured.