A Fieldale Farms employee died of “low-voltage electrocution,” according to Hall County Coroner Marion Merck’s office, where an autopsy was performed.
Ricardo Aburto, 31, of Gainesville, was transported to Northeast Georgia Medical Center July 7 from the Murrayville poultry processing plant.
“Early indicators suggested that it may have possibly been a work-related death,” Hall County Sheriff’s Office spokeswoman Deputy Nicole Bailes said at the time.
Aburto worked off and on for four years at Fieldale Farms, company president Tom Hensley previously told The Times.
The coroner’s office also said the death was accidental.
Occupational Safety and Health Administration officials were working with sheriff’s office investigators at the time of Aburto’s death.
Bailes said the sheriff’s office closed its case after the cause of death was determined to be accidental. OSHA representatives did not give any further information citing an ongoing investigation.