By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
Child burned by hot noodles, flown to hospital
0728burn1
A medical helicopter waits for Hall County emergency personnel to prepare a burned 1-year-old for flight Wednesday afternoon in the front lawn of Rock Hill Church on Price Road.

A 14-month-old Hall County girl was airlifted Wednesday afternoon to Grady Memorial Hospital in Atlanta after she was burned from a bowl of Ramen noodles she pulled off a table, officials said.

The girl suffered upper chest and abdomen injuries believed to be nonlife threatening, but "due to the age of the child, she was Life Flighted," said Col. Jeff Strickland, Hall County Sheriff's Office spokesman.

The girl was being cared for by a babysitter at a home in the 5400 block of Saddle Club Road about 2 p.m. when the incident occurred, Stickland said.

Strickland said the babysitter took the girl to a fire station on Price Road to be treated.

"The incident appears accidental, but it is under investigation," Strickland said. 

Magazines