By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
Buford house fire ruled accidental
0317FIRE1
Hall County Fire Services Capt. Zachary Brackett said the Buford home was a total loss.

A house fire March 16 in Buford has been ruled accidental.

Hall County Fire Services Capt. Zachary Brackett said the home was a total loss. The cause of the fire was determined to be an electrical fault in an outlet, Brackett said.

Fire crews responding from Hall and Gwinnett counties found a vehicle in a garage on fire at the 5,000-square-foot lakefront home in the 5900 block of Island View Drive off of Lakeshore Drive. The blaze then reached the home’s attic.

Crews were operating in a defensive mode because of the heavy fire upon arrival.

The residents were not home at the time.

Regional events