Two people escaped a house fire Tuesday night in South Hall County.
Hall County Fires Services spokesman Scott Cagle said the residents heard popping and cracking sounds and saw the flames first in the attic.
When firefighters were called 9:45 p.m. to the home in the 3000 block of Beards Road off Lanier Islands Parkway, flames were showing from the 1,800-square-foot structure.
Cagle said the fire appears to be accidental. No damage estimate was available early Wednesday morning; power had to be cut off to the house so the Red Cross was called to help.