I want to start off by thanking all of you who gave me tips in 2009. Without your help, this column would not be possible. Trust me, after doing this column for five years, it's hard to come up with new tips.
Before I close the door on 2009, I'd like to review some of my favorite tips. That's right ... it's QUIZ TIME!
1. If you're staying in a hotel room and you need some white noise to go to sleep, what can you do?
2. Name another use for coffee filters besides making coffee.
3. True or False. If your cat or dog "marks a spot" in your home, it's important to get the smell out. Vinegar is a great way to do this.
4. A tip I shared last year suggested putting a rubber band on each of your paint cans. Why would I suggest this?
5. The best way to collect the grease when browning hamburger meat in the microwave is to do this.
6. Spray this product on your "shirt puckers" and with a simple press of your hand, the puckers will go away.
7. Name another use for cooking tongs besides turning meat on your grill.
I hope you have a great 2010!
Tim Thompson lives in Gainesville. E-mail Tim your ideas for tips, tools or tricks.