The following schools, colleges, universities and government offices have announced changes for Thursday, Oct. 29 and Friday, Oct. 30, due to the weather Hurricane Zeta is forecasted to bring to North Georgia.
Schools, colleges and universities
- Dawson County Schools: Closed Friday
- Forsyth County Schools: Open Friday
- Gainesville City School System: Closed Friday. No remote instruction, but teachers will be contacting parents if their children are behind on assignments.
- Habersham County Schools: Closed Friday
- Hall County School District: Remote school Friday
- Lakeview Academy: Closed Friday. Friday’s varsity football game at Lakeview is still on.
- Lanier Technical College: Open Friday
- Lumpkin County Schools: Closed Friday
- Riverside Military Academy: Classes delayed until noon Thursday.
- University of North Georgia: Gainesville and Blue Ridge campuses closed Friday. Dahlonega, Oconee and Cumming open.
- Gainesville: Delayed opening to 10 a.m. Thursday for all city administrative offices and facilities. Gainesville Connection and Hall County Dial-A-Ride have been canceled. The Gainesville-Hall County Senior Life Center is closed Thursday.
- Hall County: Delayed opening to 10 a.m. Thursday for all government facilities, including delayed court hearings to 10 a.m. However, early voting locations opened at 7 a.m. as planned.
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Lanier: Programs canceled Thursday.