If you’ve been wondering about something in your community, Ask The Times is your place to get answers. The following questions were submitted by readers and answered through the efforts of our news staff.
Are they going to put a Cracker Barrel Restaurant in the Gainesville area any time soon?
As of right now, the answer is no. The company actually has no plans for new locations anywhere in Georgia.
There are 43 Cracker Barrels in Georgia, including at 4758 Lanier Islands Parkway in Buford, 675 Buford Highway in Cumming and 301 Exchange Way in Braselton.
What restaurants are open on Christmas Eve and Christmas?
A number of restaurants are open on Christmas Eve, but only a few on Christmas Day. On Christmas Day, we know these places plan to be open:
* International House of Pancakes, multiple locations
* Waffle House, multiple locations
* Steak ‘N’ Shake, 3525 Thurmon Tanner Parkway, Oakwood, until 5 p.m. Christmas Eve, open 11 a.m. Christmas Day
Those open on Christmas Eve that we know of include:
* 2 Dog Restaurant, 317 Spring St. SE, Gainesville until 3 p.m.
* Avocados Restaurant, Bradford St. S, Gainesville, until 3 p.m.
* Bluefin Hibachi and Sushi, 1642 Park Hill Drive, Gainesville, until 9 p.m.
* Bojangles, 1235 Jesse Jewell Parkway SW, Gainesville, until 4 p.m.
* Buffalo Wild Wings, 1185 Dawsonville Highway, Gainesville, until 7 p.m.
* Cheddars, 1195 Dawsonville Highway, Gainesville, until 8 p.m.
* Chili’s, 669 Dawsonville Highway, Gainesville, until 9 p.m.
* Cosa Nostra Italian Kitchen, 118 Main St., Gainesville, until 7 p.m., but requires reservations and only serving Feast of Seven Fishes
* Dickey’s Barbecue Pit, 4005 Winder Highway, Suite 160, Flowery Branch, until 9 p.m.
* Johnny’s Barbecue, 1710 Cleveland Highway, Gainesville, until 3 p.m.
* Little Italy Pizza, 990 Riverside Drive, Gainesville
* Locos Grill & Pub, 601 South Enota, Suite J, Gainesville
* Longstreet Cafe, 1043 Riverside Terrace, Gainesville, until 2 p.m.
* Monkey Barrel, 115 Washington St. NE, Gainesville, until 10 p.m.
* Olive Garden, 1175 Dawsonville Highway, Gainesville, until 8 p.m.
* Pueblos, multiple locations, until 8 p.m.
* Rick’s Smokin’ Pig BBQ, 130 John W. Morrow Jr. Parkway, Gainesville, until 2 p.m.
* Sherry’s Bait and Barbecue, 2807 Dawsonville Highway, Gainesville, until 3 p.m.
* Stevi Bi’s, 1500 Browns Bridge Road, Gainesville, noon to 3 p.m.
Do you have a question you’d like our news team to answer? Contact us at: