By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
East Hall home damaged by fire
0913fire
Heavy smoke was coming from the attic when firefighters arrived at this East Hall home.

An East Hall home was severely damaged Monday afternoon by what firefighters believe is an accidental fire started by a faulty gas grill.

No one was injured in the fire, which was just south of East Hall Middle School.

People were at the home at the time, but how many and where they were exactly isn’t known at this time. Also, the family dog went missing, Hall County Fire Services spokesman Capt. Zachary Brackett said.

Heavy smoke was coming from the attic when firefighters arrived at the home in the 4200 block of East Hall Road, after the fire was called in at 11:22 a.m.

“We had to pull down the top layer of Sheetrock on the ceiling to try to extinguish it,” Brackett said. “The fire ventilated itself through the roof, and that intensified the fire.”

Officials reported $75,000 in damage to the home valued at $185,000.

Much of East Hall Road, a key artery between Joe Chandler Road and Gillsville Highway, was closed while firefighters were at the house.

Regional events