By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
Blast hurts 2 at North Hall home
Placeholder Image

Hall County Fire Services were dispatched to a Mount Vernon Road home Sunday evening after an explosion hurt two people and rendered the 1,000-square-foot structure unsafe.

Fire Chief David Kimbrell said in a news release that the explosion stemmed from an LP line in a bathroom a 6-year-old child turned on. The line had been attached to a space heater that was removed a few days prior.

When firefighters arrived on the scene, no fire was found. The two injured in the blast were transported to a nearby hospital.

The home’s occupants are staying with family. They refused help from the American Red Cross.

Regional events