GO: Batty at the Elachee Nature Science Center's new exhibit
Wine Highway weekend
When: March 24 through April 2
Where: 21 participating wineries in Georgia
More info: www.georgiawine.com/wine-highway-week
Sprinkled among the Northeast Georgia mountains are several wineries, and they are banding together for a weeklong event.
The Wine Highway Weekends will be from March 24 to April 2 all across Georgia, including some wineries in White and Lumpkin counties.
Residents may purchase a “passport” and receive a Wine Highway Week collector’s souvenir glass at any of the 21 participating wineries. A detailed map on the passport will guide participants on their way.
A passport costs $40 and includes five tastings at each winery. Participants must have the passport and glass at each winery.
Wine tasting hours will be 1-5 p.m. Monday through Friday, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturdays and 12:30 p.m. to 5 p.m. Sundays.
Member wineries and affiliate members of the Winegrowers Association of Georgia will provide their own unique open-house format, with many offering food and wine pairings, music, barrel and library wine tastings, discounts, drawings and other special attractions.
Participating wineries in Northeast Georgia include:
* Cavender Creek Vineyards & Winery, 3610 Cavender Creek Road, Dahlonega, www.cavendercreekvineyards.com or 706-867-7700
* Habersham Vineyards & Winery, 7025 S. Main St., Helen, www.habershamwinery.com or 706-878-9463
* Serenity Cellars, 265 Laurel Ridge Road, Cleveland, www.serenitycellars.com or 706-348-1277
* The Cottage Vineyard & Winery, 5050 Ga. 129 N, Cleveland, www.cottagevineyardwinery.com or 706-865-0053
* Yonah Mountain Vineyards, 1717 Ga. 255 S, Cleveland, www.yonahmountainvineyards.com or 706-878-5522
* CeNita Vineyards, 591 Dock Dorsey Road, Cleveland, www.cenitawinery.com or 706-865-7478
* Kaya Vineyard & Winery, 5400 Town Creek Road, Dahlonega, www.kayavineyards.com or 706-219-3514
Affiliate member tasting rooms include:
* Naturally Georgia, a Tiger Mountain Tasting Room, 90 Public Square North, Dahlonega, www.naturallygeorgia.com or 706-864-0832
* Wild Berry Cottage, 139 E. Morgan St. Clarkesville, www.wildberrycottagegifts.com or 706-391-8016
* Crane Creek On the Square, 94 Public Square North, Dahlonega, 706-864-0832
For more information, visit www.georgiawine.com/wine-highway-week.