‘Neil Berg’s 101 Years of Broadway’
When: 8 p.m. Wednesday, March 26
Where: Pearce Auditorium on Brenau University’s campus, 429 Academy St., Gainesville
Cost: $35 adults, $32 seniors 65 and older, $28 students.
More info: 770-534-2787 or www.TheArtsCouncil.net
Music usually heard on the stages of Broadway in New York City will rebound off the walls of Pearce Auditorium at Brenau University next week thanks to The Arts Council.
“Neil Berg’s 101 Years of Broadway” will showcase the sights and sounds of The Great White Way at 8 p.m. Wednesday, March 26, as part of The Arts Council’s Pearce series.
The show will recreate the biggest moments from the finest shows, featuring stars of “The Phantom of the Opera,” “Les Miserable,” “Evita,” “CATS,” “Wonderful Town,” “Jesus Christ Superstar” and “Fiddler on the Roof.” Performing the songs will be the singers who starred in the musicals.
“It makes sense because it is the greatest American music with the greatest American Broadway stars in one night. What’s not to love?” producer Berg said.
Stars set to grace the stage with their presence and the audience’s ears with their vocals include:
* Carter Calvert is best known for originating her role in the Tony nominated, “It Ain’t Nothin’ But The Blues” on Broadway. She toured Europe in “Smokey Joe’s Café,” and played Grizabella in the Broadway national tour of Cats.
* Lawrence Clayton appeared nationally as Jean Valjean in the 25th anniversary production of “Les Miserables.” His off Broadway credit is Judas in “Jesus Christ Superstar” at Madison Square Garden.
* Rita Harvey performed as Hodel in the latest revival of “Fiddler on the Roof.” She made her Broadway debut performing Christine Daaé in “The Phantom of the Opera.”
* Chuck Wagner has performed on Broadway as Athos in “The Three Musketeers,” Rapunzel’s Prince in Stephen Sondheim’s “Into the Woods,” Javert in “Les Misèrables,” Van Helsing in “Dracula” and The Beast in Disney’s “Beauty and the Beast.”
* Danny Zolli is best known for his monumental number of performances starring as Jesus and Judas in more than 23 productions of “Jesus Christ Superstar.” He has starred as Ché in “Evita,” Joseph in “Joseph & the Technicolor Dreamcoat,” Tobias in “Sweeney Todd” and Candide in “Candide.”
Tickets are $35 for adults, $32 for seniors age 65 and older and $28 for students. All tickets are subject to 7 percent tax.
For tickets, call 770-534-2787 or visit www.TheArtsCouncil.net.