With Spring Break just a week away, countless students and their parents may be dreaming about sunny days on the beach with their toes in the sand.
However, for families who can’t make the trek to the Atlantic Ocean or Gulf of Mexico, Lanier Islands in Buford is offering an alternative.
From April 1-10, the resort will extend free beach admission to guests, granting them access to more than a half mile-long stretch of white sand overlooking the cove at Lake Lanier’s southernmost shoreline. While there, visitors can take part in a beach party from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. daily. The free admission applies to the beach only and does not include the resort gate fee of $15.
While there, Lanier Islands’ guests can participate in the following activities:
* Knockerball, a new game in which participants not only get to play ball, but be the ball
* Pickup games of beach volleyball and corn hole
* Bounce houses, face-painting and balloon animal artists
* Legacy kids mini-camps on the beach every hour between 11 a.m. and 2 p.m.
* Miniature golf at Lakeside Links
* Photo backdrops where guests can capture moments with family and friends
* Live entertainment including DJs, bands and appearances by Islands mascot, Bucky the Beaver.
A kid-friendly full-length feature film will appear daily at noon on the 46-foot-by-80-foot screen. A family-friendly movie geared toward tweens and teens will appear at 7 p.m. each night.
At 3 p.m. every afternoon, the resort will host an interactive competition for families called Bucky’s Spectacular Race – Lanier Islands’ spin on the CBS hit, “The Amazing Race.”
For more information, visit www.lanierislands.com or call 770-945-8787.