An electrical contractor suffered serious burns Tuesday while working at a Hall County wastewater plant.
A helicopter ambulance transported the man, an employee of McArthur Electrical, to Grady Memorial Hospital in Atlanta at 12:15 p.m., fire department and county officials said.
Hall County Fire Chief David Kimbrell said "an electrical panel shifted, causing flash burns" to the worker's arms and hands.
The company is a regular contractor at the county's Spout Springs Road reclamation facility, said Nikki Young, Hall's public information officer.
"The plant is working fine. We are not able to pump reuse water today, but with the recent rain, that's not a problem," Young said, relaying information given to her by Ken Rearden, Hall's public works and utilities director.