By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
Toddler severely burned by grease
Placeholder Image

A 1-year-old Hall County girl was airlifted to an Atlanta hospital after she accidentally poured hot grease on herself this afternoon, officials said.

Hall County Fire Marshal Scott Cagle said that at 4:45 p.m., emergency responders were dispatched to a home on Baker Road, located between U.S. 129 South and Ga. 60.

The girl’s parents said the toddler was walking by an electric frying pan when she pulled it down onto herself.

About 18 percent of the girl’s body was burned by the hot grease, Cagle said. She sustained second- and third-degree burns to the face, chest and arms, he said.

The girl was flown by helicopter to the burn unit at Grady Memorial Hospital.

The girl’s injuries were not immediately thought to be life-threatening, Cagle said. The girl’s name was not released.

The incident appears to be accidental, Cagle said.

Regional events