A portion of Thompson Bridge Road was shut down Saturday morning after a fallen tree sparked a house fire and gas leak in North Hall County. No one was hurt.
Hall County Fire Services crews responded to a residential fire in the 5300 block of Thompson Bridge Road around 6:45 a.m., according to spokesman Capt. Zachary Brackett. A tree had fallen across a power line and into a home, starting a fire and damaging the gas meter.
The fire was put out but a gas leak developed underneath the roadway and Atlanta Gas Light was called to bring in crews to repair it. The leak was controlled a bit after 11 a.m. A second fire then broke out in the home, and it also was extinguished.
Several businesses in the area were evacuated during the incident. Crews were then called in to repair the roadway as traffic was diverted until early afternoon.