A prefabricated fireplace flue was the source of a late Sunday fire that caused about $250,000 in damage to a South Hall home, Hall County Fire Chief David Kimbrell said Monday.
He didn't know, however, how the flue sparked the fire in the 10,000-square-foot, three-story home in the 6500 block of Arbor Point, which is off Lights Ferry Road near Lake Lanier.
The fire apparently started in the chimney and then spread to other levels of the house, Kimbrell said Sunday.
A resident of the home called 911 about 10 p.m., and units arriving on the scene saw flames in the chimney and heavy smoke in other areas of the house.
No one was injured.
The total value of the home is more than $1.5 million, Kimbrell said.