By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
Storage shed and residence catch on fire
Placeholder Image

Hall County Fire Department extinguished fires early Tuesday to a home at one location and storage shed and camper at another.

About 2 a.m., the department responded to a call in the 3100 block of Navajo Circle where firefighters found a 10-foot by 14-foot storage shed on fire, Fire Chief David Kimbrell said.

The building was destroyed and the loss set at $15,000. About $10,000 damage was done to a 16-foot camper parked near the building.

Kimbrell said the owner told firefighters a heat lamp was on the building and was the possible cause of the fire.

About 3:30 a.m., he said, firefighters put out a fire in a home in the 4400 block of Terry Street in Oakwood.

Fire damage occurred to a bedroom and closet, plus there was smoke damage to other parts of the house. A cause and value estimate of the damage weren't available.

No injuries occurred in either fire, Kimbrell said.

 

Regional events