By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
Resident escapes early morning fire in South Hall
An early morning fire destroyed this home on Capitola Farm Road.

One resident escaped a fire caused by a wood heater at a small South Hall home early Tuesday morning.

Firefighters were called at 5:25 a.m. to the 6700 block of Capitola Farm Road in Flowery Branch. When they arrived, the 1,000-square-foot home was ablaze and the resident was already outside, Hall County Fire Services Capt. Zachary Brackett said.

Capitola Farm Road was shut down as firefighters attacked the fire from the outside.

The Red Cross has been contacted to help the resident.

The $50,000 home was a total loss.

The fire was accidental, Brackett said.