By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
Man, dog escape South Hall fire unharmed
South Hall fire 2
A man and his dog were uninjured after a house fire Sunday, July 19, in South Hall, according to fire officials.

Updated July 21: The Hall County Fire Marshal's Office has determined that this incident was accidental and caused from a gas grill.

Original story: A man and his dog were uninjured after a house fire Sunday, July 19, in South Hall, according to fire officials.

Hall County Fire Services is investigating the blaze in the 6000 block of Oak Hill Drive, which is near Lake Lanier. 

Firefighters arrived at the home about 7 p.m. and found heavy fire in the second floor and attic of a two-story home. They were able to put out most of the fire by 7:18 pm., then continued to put out hot spots, according to a news release. 

Jeff Gill 

Regional events